Today you will weigh your dirt, cup, and sunflower/no sunflower.
Things to add to the table are:
1. Did your sunflower grow?
2. Height in cm of your sunflower?
3. The end weight of your sunflower.
Google Link: https://docs.google.com/a/kiheicharter.org/spreadsheets/d/10LxfFoHuZN8QknENIVQq57tyf-zkMiWb__Asatd_sSY/edit?usp=sharing
10 Pts. extra credit if you present your timeline on Monday.
You need to create an email address and a new TikiToki account so we do not erase the timeline you created for Ms. Buchter.
This is a 50 pt. assessment grade.
1. You will develop a TikiToki time line with at least 10 events per person. Please put the persons Initials on the event that they contributed. that have contributed to climate change, plastics in the ocean, or the effect of Fossil Fuels on the planet that does not include global warming
2. You will also have to project out to the year 2100 and give a scenario where we take action to address climate change and reduce our use of fossil fuels and another scenario where we do nothing and clearly show the difference between the two.
3. You can use the data that we have been compiling as a class over the last two class periods to help you with this project.
Here are some cool info-graphics created by NASA.
Here are some more sources from Ricken and the Avaaz team on plastics in our sea:
With hope and gratitude for this amazing community,
Ricken and the whole Avaaz team.
Solar-powered vacuum could suck up 24,000 tons of ocean plastic every year (Eco Watch)
By 2050, there will be more plastic than fish in the world’s oceans, study says (Washington Post)
SeaVax - Robotic Vacuum Ship
Plastic oceans: What do we know? (BBC)
Full scale of plastic in the world's oceans revealed for first time (The Guardian)