Here are the questions: You can also download the file in a word document to fill in the answers that way.
KCS High School Biology Review I
Due On Monday August 24th This will help you prepare for a mini information festival next Wednesday August 26th
1. What is biodiversity and give five reasons it is important?
2. What are the three Domains of life? What are the four Kingdoms that are embedded within the Eukaryotes? What domains make up the Prokaryotes?
3. What is the difference between a Eukaryotic Cell and a Prokaryotic Cell? Draw each and label the various organelles.
4. Using household materials, make a model of a Eukaryotic cell. Be able to describe the organelles and what each does.
5. What does each organelle do for the cell? Come up with a good analogy: Example- Mitochondria is the power plant of the cell. It produces ATP.
6. What is the plasma membrane? What does it do?
7. What is Osmosis?
8. What is a hypertonic and hypotonic solution?
9. What are the steps of the scientific method?
10. What is a hypothesis? Can you prove a hypothesis?
11. Go to http://scaleofuniverse.com/ and draw an object that can be measured in km 103, in cm 10-2, in mm 10-3, and in mm 10-6.
10. Draw a cartoon that explains how different sized objects are measured in different units.
What are the steps to the scientific method?
What is a hypothesis?
What are some simple questions you might want to answer using the scientific method?
Draw a Prokaryotic Cell and a Eukaryotic Cell. In the Eukaryotic cell, label the mitochondria, golgi apparatus, plasma membrane, cytoplasm, endoplasmic reticulum (ER) and rough ER, Centrioles, Nucleolus, Cell Nucleus, ribosomes. What do the microfilaments and microtubules do?
What is the difference between a prokaryotic cell and a eukaryotic cell?
You will have a short quiz where you will have to draw a cell and label the major organelles on Monday Morning.
Watch the urban farming video and reflect. What did you think, what questions do you have, what was cool, what is climate wierding, what did you learn, and any other thought. I encourage you to share the video with your family.
Video website: https://youtu.be/NCmTJkZy0rM
You tube search urban agroecilogy: urban homestead.