KCS High School Biology Review I
Due On Monday August 24th This will help you prepare for a mini information festival next Wednesday August 26th
1. What is biodiversity and give five reasons it is important?
2. What are the three Domains of life? What are the four Kingdoms that are embedded within the Eukaryotes? What domains make up the Prokaryotes?
3. What is the difference between a Eukaryotic Cell and a Prokaryotic Cell? Draw each and label the various organelles.
4. Using household materials, make a model of a Eukaryotic cell. Be able to describe the organelles and what each does.
5. What does each organelle do for the cell? Come up with a good analogy: Example- Mitochondria is the power plant of the cell. It produces ATP.
6. What is the plasma membrane? What does it do?
7. What is Osmosis?
8. What is a hypertonic and hypotonic solution?
9. What are the steps of the scientific method?
10. What is a hypothesis? Can you prove a hypothesis?
11. Go to http://scaleofuniverse.com/ and draw an object that can be measured in km 103, in cm 10-2, in mm 10-3, and in mm 10-6.
10. Draw a cartoon that explains how different sized objects are measured in different units.