Driving Question: How can we develop a exciting engaging game that teaches other high school students about important Chemistry Concepts?
1. Brainstorm: What are your favorite games to play and why?
2. What makes them your favorite? Is it because they possess qualities that are cooperative, competitive, hands-on, imagination based, entertainment vs. educational, etc
1. Game must be designed for 4-6 players.
2. You need typed instructions that fully explain the game, game set up, and rules.
3. Games need to be housed in a box and sectioned off to organize the pieces.
4. The outside needs to include the name of the game, the gaming company ("start up name"), a barcode, price, description of the game, and a catchy picture to see the game.
Subjects to Consider Including
1. Famous Chemists that Influence the Industrial Revolution and Time Line
2. Periodic Table of Elements & Groupings of Elements (Influential Chemists that developed the periodic table and atomic theories.)
3. Drawing and structure of Atoms: Bohr Model, Planetary Model, Lewis Dot Structure
4. Properties of Water
5. SI Units and the Metric System
6. Conversions ex. kg-g, miles-km,.....
7. Calculating Molar Mass and the number of Atoms or Molecules using Avogadros #
8. Accuracy vs. Precision
10. Bonding and Types of Molecules or Compounds
11. How a batery works
12. Elephant Toothpaste: reaction of hydrogen peroxide and yeast
13. Oxidation and Reduction Reactions
14. Exothermic & Endothermic Reactions
Friday 1/13/17 10 pts.: A written (5 pts.) Game Proposal and presentation of what the idea you have and the materials and tools needed in order to make the game. You must include a picture or conceptual drawing of your game (5pts.).
Wednesday 1/18/17: 25 pts. You need to bring materials you need for your game in order to begin making your game this Wedsday and Friday. If you are not prepared to make your game
Friday 1/20/17: 15 pts. Continue working on your game. If you are close to done play your game in order to test it out.
Monday 1/23/17: Final Day to work on the final product for our game.
Wednesday 1/25/17: "Investors" will play your game and determine the best game.